(image via OMID for Gliving)
Just perusing Gliving.com today and came across a soup recipe that looks amazing. I am going to try this for dinner tomorrow night and will let you know how it tastes.
I am loving raw soups these days and I like the gourmet style about Omid's presentation and the simplicity and choice of ingredients/flavors.
1 cup blanched almonds
2 cups of pure water
1 celery Stick, chopped
½ cup fennel, chopped
1 clove garlic, grated
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
4 leaves basil
A dash of TTS Nama Shoyu
For the Soup
Step 1 Soak the almonds in 2 cups of pure water overnight or for 4-5 hours.
Step 2 Blend all the ingredients together until smooth
and creamy. Transfer it to a bowl, cover and refrigerate it for 30
minutes to slightly chill and mature.
For the Garnish
Step 1 Thinly slice the spring onion, cover with cold water and refrigerate for about 5 minutes.
Mounting your Work
Step 1Pour the chilled almond-fennel soup into two soup glasses/bowls and garnish with sliced spring onion and edible flowers.
note: I also LOVE that Omid also gives us the Health Benefits. 🙂
- 1. This is low in calories and carbohydrates but provides good amount of proteins and fats.
2. Excellent source of vitamin E, a natural antioxidant that scavenges
the free radicals that oxidize fats, preserve the integrity of cell
membranes, and protect our body against free radical damage.
3. Very good source of vitamin B2 and moderate source of other B-group
vitamins, which are necessary to maintain normal metabolic activities.
4. Very good source of magnesium. It helps in relieving fatigue,
relaxing the muscles, nerves and blood vessels, thus relieving the
symptoms of asthma, migraine headaches, tension and soreness in muscles
5. Very good source of copper and manganese. They function as cofactors
in various metabolic reactions and enhance the activity of enzymes
involved in detoxification process.
6. Good source of dietary fiber. Aside from promoting healthy bowel
function, it can also reduce the absorption of cholesterol, and
regulate the blood glucose and cholesterol levels.