It happens to me mostly in the Summer months for me and it happens to best the of us MAMAS -- sick days are just no fun. But why not make them fun? When you're run down your immune system tires and well, you get sick. So I like to think of my sick days as my body's way of telling me to go ahead and pamper up!
Sick Day Recipe
After a GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP:
1) green juice - lots of vitamins and hydration
2) 2 poached eggs - good healthy fat and protein
3) tea with honey - honey helps coat the throat and herbal teas are soothing
4) lots and lots of water with lemon and cucumber - getting enough water is crucial
5) steam shower or steam room - a little sweat helps rid that bug
6) eucalyptus oil - helps you breath better. put water + oil in a bottle and spray while in steam or shower
7) follow up with a cold shower - gets your blood flowing and help clear your brain of the fog
8) maybe end the day with a good bowl of miso soup - lots of vitamins in there
Good luck! And enjoy your down time! Why not?
image credit for green juice