Today I'm featuring one of my latest favorites - an olive tapenade over zucchini noodles. It's amazing! Zoodles - also known as zucchini noodles - are such a great way to enjoy pasta without the starch and concentrated carbohydrates. I love carbs, don't get me wrong, but when I don't workout as much as I'd like to, enjoying more vegetables and less rice is always a must for me.
I have been obsessing over zucchini noodles since the beginning of Spring. I usually add tomatoes and olive oil - like a typical pasta. Sometimes I add some Parmesan cheese or creamy cashew cheese sauce. Better yet, pesto and toasted nuts! It’s just a wonderful, pretty, and gourmet way of eating your veggies.
Today, I'm sharing with you a very unique way of enjoying your zucchini noodles. This dish was inspired by my love for olives and tapenade. Imagine the flavor of olives and zesty capers with a dash of vinegar and a touch of sweetness.
Zucchini Pasta with Olive Tapenade Variations
I love this dish for its versatility. It can be a clean, dairy- and meat-free dish—great for Meatless Monday. I also like it for lunch because it's light. But simply add some vegan parmesan cheese you’ve got yourself dinner! Or add a protein like vegan chicken or tofu and glass of rosé. A perfect outdoor Summer dinner idea.
Try it with roasted or air fried vegetables, avocado, raw garlic and sea salt and pepper. Simple yet enough to feel full, light and healthy.
No matter how the noodles are enjoyed, they’re chalked full of flavor, healthy fats, and raw vegetable enzymes and nutrients.
This dinner or lunch salad is so unique and full of flavor. The combination of flavors is unlike what you have ever tasted.
This Zucchini Pasta with Olive Tapenade Recipe
Olive & Caper Tapenade
- 7 organic green olives, pitted and sliced into chunks
- 1 - 2 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoon organic olive oil
- 2 teaspoon vinegar - I used ume plum vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sweetener - I used ginger flavored
- 1 tablespoon shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- A pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 2 raw organic zucchini, small or 1 large
1. Using a spiral slicer or very sharp carrot peeler, you'll want to make long zucchini noodles that look like spaghetti pasta (as shown in the photo). Set aside.
2. After you've chopped the shallots and olives, put all tapenade ingredients into a small bowl. Mix thoroughly with a fork or a whisk until everything is well combined.
3. When ready to eat, pour the tapenade over your zucchini noodles. Mix well until the noodles are fully coated. Serve immediately. You can store the tapenade and noodles in the fridge for a few days, but do NOT store them mixed together. You will want to store the noodles dry, separate from the tapenade.
This recipe was originally a guest post I did for the Honest Company Blog.
Leave a Reply