This month over at The Honest Company, I'm giving the Taco Tuesday a clean makeover! Typically taco tuesday includes tacos! That's pretty obvious. But this Tuesday we are turning the taco inside out and making a salad out of it. Horray for Taco "Salad" Tuesday. Grab a fork for these tacos.
Taco (Salad) Tuesday Ingredients
Crunchy Tortilla Chips
Faux Taco Meat (my walnut meat recipe is delicious)
Mexican or Other Shredding Cheese
When I was a kid my mom would make taco salad all the time. But it had chicken and was made with Doritos. It was time for a makeover, don't you think? I'd love to hear what you think of this dish. Leave a comment here or I'd love to hear from you on Instagram as well.
And instead of a Mexican theme salad, you might prefer a Chinese "chicken" salad? I gave that old recipe a makeover as well. It's really delicious.
Taco Salad Instructions
For the taco salad assembly you'll want to start by washing all your vegetables, chopping and slices them as directly. Then all of the proteins and vegetables go into a large salad bowl. Leave out the chips until you're ready to dress and serve the salad.
For the dressing you will simply whisk all salad dressing ingredients together in a bowl. Don't dress the salad until you're ready to eat.
For the taco "meat" you will want to follow my walnut taco meat recipe. It requires dehydration but if you're pressed for time, you can skip that part. Or, you can choose your own "protein". Impossible buger meat works well for this and so does The Very Good Butcher's taco meat.
Vegetarian Taco Salad
- 4 ounces Mixed greens
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- 1 cup Black Beans
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 2 Scallions thinly sliced
- 1 cup Cilantro chopped
- ½ cup Tomatoes sliced
- 2 cups "Cheesy" flavored tortilla chips
- 1 cup Ground "meat" my walnut meat recipe or Impossible Burger
- 2 teaspoon Taco seasoning
Taco Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 3 tablespoon Wine Vinegar
- ½ Lime juice only
- 1 teaspoon Agave nectar
- 1 clove Raw garlic
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt
- After cleaning your vegetables and lettuce. You will want to chop and slice everything as directed. Then put all of the salad ingredients into a large salad bowl, except for the chips.
- To make the dressing, use a large glass liquid measuring cup and add the dressing ingredients. Whisk with a fork until thick, creamy, and completely blended.
- When ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss well. Break the chips into the salad and toss the salad again. Serve immediately.