This garlic and parsley potato salad recipe is one of my favorites. I think it's the raw garlic and the sea salt that really do the trick. Or maybe it's the parsley? These little potatoes are so easy to make - they make a perfect pot luck favorite. Or as a side dish to any protein.
Potato Salad Ingredients
Peewee potatoes - a good source of fiber, which helps you lose weight by keeping you full longer. Fiber also helps prevent heart disease by keeping cholesterol and blood sugar levels in check.
Fresh parsley - rich in antioxidants and packed with flavor.
Raw garlic - one of my favorite ingredients, garlic has antimicrobial and antifungal properties. Some studies suggest it can help lower blood pressure and cancer and heart attack risks.
Sea salt - mostly composed of sodium chloride, a compound that helps regulate fluid balance and blood pressure in the body. It naturally contains some important minerals which is one reason why it’s often considered nutritionally superior to table salt. Plus, it enhances the flavors in food.
Olive oil - Extra virgin goes through the least amount of processing and because of this, EVOO has more nutrition than virgin or refined olive oils do. For example, it’s high in healthy plant nutrients called phytochemicals that may help fight cancer and heart disease.
Garlic and Parsley Potato Salad Instructions
No baking or frying necessary. Just boil the peewee potatoes, strain, then mix in the olive oil, fresh chopped herbs, raw garlic, sea salt, and voila! That's it!
I first had something similar years ago at my mom's house. I was hooked. I couldn't stop eating them and scooping the dressing into my mouth by the spoonful. I love potatoes baked though and we eat those a lot. So every once in awhile I whip this recipe out with a side salad. But beware - much like a bag of potato chips or popcorn - you might devour the entire bowl full if you don't pay attention. Luckily this recipe is full of really healthy ingredients.
Garlic & Parsley PeeWee Potato Salad Recipe
Yields 4 side dishes
- 1 ½ lbs peewee (baby) potatoes (I like to slice some of the larger ones but leave little ones whole)
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 5-6 large cloves raw garlic
- Put potatoes into a pot. Completely cover the potatoes with water.
- Boil the potatoes for about 15-20 minutes. They will be soft but still firm (not falling apart). - until soft.
- Strain out the boiling water.
- Then mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl with potatoes. Toss them in the mixture over and over again while getting the rest of dinner ready.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve warm or room temp.