This vegan gluten-free pie crust is just perfect. It's basic, easy to make, no fuss and very versatile. Just 4 simple ingredients.
You can make this vegan gluten-free pie crust in just minutes. No more stressing about homemade pies. I'm sure this day and age the Thanksgiving table consists of family with of all sorts of different food allergies. Am I right? Good news is that this recipe is free of gluten, dairy and eggs.
Stay tuned for a wonderful 2 Fall recipes using this crust: a vegan apple and pumpkin pie recipe coming to the blog soon.
The Perfect Gluten-free Vegan Pie Crust Recipe
yields 1 pie crust
- 1-½ cups gluten free all purpose baking flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup vegan butter (one stick) - cold
- 4 - 6 tablespoon plant-based milk - cold
- Preheat an oven to 400°F.
- Combine gluten-free flour and sea salt in a food processor. Do a quick pulse to combine.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add the cold milk, one tablespoon at a time, while blending until all ingredients are well combined.
- Using parchment paper place dough onto one sheet, flatten with your palms, then place another sheet on top. Roll out to the desired size using a rolling pin. Remove the top sheet and carefully invert into pie pan.
- To bake the pie crust alone, bake at 400°F for 15 - 20 minutes. If using a pie filling, bake according to pie recipe instructions.
notes: I liked having some crust dough left over to use on top. You can cut strips or make shapes like I did in the photos above. This recipe is adapted from Bob's Red Mills web site and I used their flour but my own vegan ingredients.
Leave a Reply