Oh boy, I think I just created a new weekly staple. This Healthy Vegan Chinese Chicken Salad will not only leave you completely satisfied but it will have your taste buds jumping for joy! There are so many different flavors and textures. There is a little peppery flavor, some sweet heat, tons of different fresh herbs, toasted oils and nuts, and a touch of salt all combined with the fresh crunchy flavorful cabbage, carrots, and greens.
Healthy Chinese "Chicken" Salad
The Chinese Chicken Salad has a fresh new look and feel: no real chicken meat in this recipe; just tons of veggies and mock chicken protein. You'll love the tangy yet toasted flavor with the crunchy raw vegetables.
- 1 cup, finely sliced or grated purple cabbage
- 1 cup, finely sliced or grated green cabbage
- 3, julienned carrots
- 2 cups other greens of choice (i.e. romaine or arugula)
- 2 thinly sliced and chopped radishes
- ¼ cup, chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup, chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup, shredded or chopped (I use Tofurkey Brand) "chicken"
- 2, finely chopped green onion (scallions)
- 3 tablespoon toasted almonds or peanuts
Prep veggies by chopping, slicing and shredding. Add to a large salad bowl. Toss well. Add chicken and nuts, then toss again. Dress the salad when ready to serve. Toss well. Serve immediately.
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 3 dinner salads
Chinese "Chicken" Salad Dressing
This dressing is so tangy, not too sweet, and a touch spicy! Makes a perfect dressing for any Asian style salad.
- 3 cloves, minced garlic
- ½ tsp, grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 3 tablespoon tamari
- 3 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) honey or agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes or tabasco
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
Place everything in a high speed blender or large measuring cup. Whisk until completely well combined or blend on medium until well combined. Dress the salad when ready to serve. Toss well. Serve immediately.
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: dressing for 1 large salad
Best essay writing service
Nice post.Thank you for sharing this healthy chicken salad.It looks tasty.I will try it on today itself.Looking forward for more good and healthy recipes like this.
awesome! so good to hear. let me know how you like it! -- Juli