Because everybody on Instagram voted for this recipe, I decided to spend the afternoon whipping up another batch to perfect the measurements. After 30 minutes of measuring each step, I have officially curated an easy, simple doable recipe for you all. These no-bake peanut butter cookie dough bars are vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, corn-free, and just
No Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ingredients
The dough is made up of garbanzo beans, almond flour, peanut butter, coconut oil, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Pretty healthy for cookie dough, right? And that decadent chocolate top later is made from real dark chocolate chips.
What I love most about this peanut butter cookie dough recipe is that you don't have to bake them! Just mix all of the ingredients together in a food processor, spread the dough evenly in a baking pan, pop them in the freezer, and they are ready to devour just an hour later.
Why I No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars
All-natural and healthy
High in plant-based protein
Layered with dark chocolate
More Chocolate Recipes You Will Love
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Muffins
- The Healthiest Oatmeal Chocolate Chips Cookies You've Ever Had
- Coco Haze Superfood Truffles
NO-BAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH BARS
- Food processor
- 2 tablespoon Garbanzo beans (cooked or canned)
- 2 tablespoon Garbanzo bean liquid from the can (aka aquafabab)
- 5 tablespoon Warm Coconut oil (plus extra for greasing the pan)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup Maple syrup (or save money & use agave)
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (plus extra 2 Tbsp)
- 1 cup Brown sugar (or sub Coconut palm sugar)
- 2 cup Paleo flour plus extra 2 tablespoon (or 2 c almond flour + 2 tablespoon coconut flour)
- 10 oz Chocolate chips
- 1 pinch Flakey sea salt (garnish)
- In a food processor or standing mixer, whip up the wet ingredients: garbanzo beans, garbanzo bean liquid, 4 tablespoon coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and peanut butter.
- Mix well until super smooth and creamy.
- Add the brown sugar and the flour. Blend again until well mixed. Don't over mix.
- By hand add ⅓-1/2 cup chocolate chips. Fold them into the dough.
- Grease a square pan and spread the cookie dough mixture evenly.
- Set in the freezer.
- Fill a saucepan ⅓ of the way full of water. Heat on the stove. Set a ceramic mixing bowl on top of the saucepan. Add the rest of the chocolate chips and the ½ tablespoon of coconut oil.
- With a wooden spoon keep blending the chocolate chips until they start to melt. Let them melt completely. Then you will spread the melted chocolate over the cookie dough mixture that is setting in the fridge.
- Sprinkle evenly with flakey sea salt.
- Place the chocolate-covered cookie dough pan into the freezer again until it cools and sets completely. About an hour.
- Store in the freezer until ready to eat. Enjoy!
If you love this recipe, please let me know via the comments. Or better yet, show me some love on Instagram: @purekitchenblog I would love to see your creations and photos.