Move over Velveeta we've gotta healthier version of your cheese dip; just in time for Super Bowl. This Vegan Cheese Dip with Roasted Red Pepper is so addicting, you might need to double the recipe if you're having company.
Vegan Cheese Dip with Roasted Red Bell Pepper is my new favorite appetizer. Not only is it inexpensive and easy to make, but it also tastes like real cheese. No saturated animal fats or fake ingredients. Its smokey roasted flavors make it unique and delicious. Only a few healthy ingredients and a quick blend in the Vitamix and voila...you're all set. Wow your friends at your next Superbowl party!
This vegan cheese dip is not only good as a dip it can also be used as cheese in lasagna or as a creamy sauce for macarooni and cheese. The recipe calls for only a few ingredients. At my house, this is a staple sauce we keep in the refrigerator but I like play around with the spices and flavors to mix things up a bit.
What You'll Need For This Vegan Cheese Dip
What I love about this recipe is that you can do so many things with it. Try adding chile peppers, chipotle, or fresh herbs like thyme and cilantro. You can thin it out with more lemon and water or thicken it up with less water. When it's cold it works better as a dip, when it's room temp it works better as a mac and cheese. Put it in tacos, on veggie bowls or even over chips for an awesome nacho cheese. Have you tried my to-die-for Loaded Vegan Nacho recipe?
Vegan Cheese Dip with Roasted Red Peppers
- 1.5 cups Raw cashews
- 1 each Roasted bell pepper
- 1 each Lemon juice only
- ¼ cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional yeast
- ½ tablespoon Sriracha (or sub other hot sauce)
- ¼ teaspoon Liquid smoke
- In a high-speed blender add all of the ingredients. Blend until super duper creamy.
- If you don't have a high-speed blender like a Vitamix, you will have to soak the cashews for at least an hour before making the cheese dip.
- Serve with chips or vegetables. The sauce thickens when cold. Lasts a week in the refrigerator in an airtight container.