You guys might remember to-die-for Sautéed Ramen noodle dish!? (if not, you need to click that link and try them STAT). They are so simple to make. After soaking the ramen noodles in hot water I saute them up in a frying pan with all sorts of spices, tamari and some oil. They turn out chewy and delicious every time.
I made them again today only this time I added roasted vegetables, fresh herbs and topped it all off with toasted sesame seeds. The possibilities with this ramen stir fry bowl are endless - you can do mushrooms, onions, chopped kale, roasted tomatoes, tofu or any other protein you feel inclined to add. You'll be surprised how simple this is to make and how healthy it is. It tastes like a guilty pleasure - something really greasy that you order from a Chinese restaurant.
Also, did I mention that my kids devour this ramen noodle stir fry? If you have picky eaters, leave the roasted vegetables on the side. You will be roasting them separately from the stir fried noodles, so it's easy to do. I can't make enough of these noodles for my kids.
Veggie Noodle Stir Fry Recipe
yields 3 main dishes
- 8 oz Lotus rice millet ramen noodles
- 1 head broccoli, stem removed, chopped florets
- 1 red bell pepper, super thinly sliced
- sea salt & pepper
- 6 cloves raw garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon butter or oil
- ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sweet chili sauce (sweet stuff)
- 1 tablespoon chili paste (spicy stuff)
- 2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoon shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Chinese five spice
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Cover the hard ramen noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a cookie sheet with oil or butter. Place chopped broccoli florets and red bell pepper on sheet. Sprinkles with sea salt and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, add garlic, butter, tamari, chili sauces, agave, chopped shallots and spices. Heat on medium. Let garlic start to get fragrant. Add strained noodles. Fry for about 3-4 minutes, tossing over and over, careful nothing burns. Keep tossing for another 3-4 minutes until noodles start to dry.
- When ready to serve toss the noodles with the roasted vegetables. Serve warm.
- Top with fresh herbs and/or sesame seeds or even chicken or tofu.