Perfect for the Easter holiday coming up. These Kids Vegan Chocolate Banana Muffins are really easy to make, taste fluffy, moist, gooey and perfectly sweet. Top with frosting and you have super healthy cupcakes. Free from eggs, nuts, gluten, dairy and cane sugar they are perfect for pretty much any kid at any party.
Because these vegan chocolate banana muffins are so easy to make, the kids can participate. Mine are topped with Trader Joes Chocolate Covered Sunflower seeds, but you can top them with any fun candy, colorful sprinkles or even plain chocolate chips. Choose pastels if you're making them for easter! They make breakfast on-the-go festive for April or any month out of the year.
Why Kids Love These Vegan Chocolate Banana Muffins
- It’s a very moist, delicious allergen-free banana bread recipe.
- The addition of chocolate is great because most kids want chocolate in and on everything. (This is not just a recipe for kids, adults love it, too!)
- The muffins have fun colorful toppings that make them look almost "unhealthy" like a dessert or fancy treat.
- They are easy to make so kids like to help as well.
- Kids don't realize they are healthy because they taste ooey and gooey delicious.
Kids' Vegan Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Standing Mixer
- Non Stick Muffin Pan
- 1 tablespoon Flax seed meal (ground flax seed)
- 3 tablespoon Water
- 1 cup Gluten-free flour
- ½ cup Organic cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt
- 2 Super ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup Coconut oil melted
- ¾ cup Coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon Agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Vegan chocolate chips and other toppings
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease muffin tin.
- In a small cup, mix together the flaxseed meal and water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer bowl, combine the ripe bananas, melted coconut oil, agave (maple syrup), and beat until combined. Add in the coconut sugar, flaxseed mixture, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix again on medium until well combined. Stir in ½ cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips over the top of each muffin. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let sit 15 minutes then remove muffins from pan and set on wire cooling rack. Serve warm.
Recipe Notes: adapted Two Peas and Their Pod.