I can finally eat a (vegan) Egg Breakfast Burrito. It's been so long since I have had anything this similar to the original. Add Kimchi Mayo and this breakfast burrito is over the top gourmet, creamy, hearty, and tangy.
Hey everybody, it’s been awhile. I’ve been caught in a Mom rut lately but I’m back and ready with a few of my favorite recipes as of late. Have you guys had JUST eggs yet? Never heard of it? The makers of JUST mayo created an egg scramble batter that looks and tastes just like eggs. It’s made from none of there than mung beans! I have made it way too many times; my kids are sick of scrambled eggs and omelets right now.
Vegan Egg Breakfast Burrito Instructions
It felt like I was a kid again after eating this vegan egg breakfast burrito because I haven't eaten anything even close to similar to the real thing this since I was a kid. This recipe is super simple, super basic, and filled with protein from the sausage and egg. My no longer secret secret kimchi mayo sauce is magic, and one of my favorites right now. Add a dash of Chulula and you’re golden. We added some garlic sauce (we use this in quesadillas, on pizzas and wraps as well) to our tortillas but it's optional. Use tortilla of choice is key - go gluten-free or whole wheat, but whatever your family enjoys will work. For us, its the softer the better so it holds together well and tortilla doesn't break.
Add some spinach or arugula for added fiber and nutrition. We love the Field Roast apple smoked sausages right now, so we added those too. It’s ridiculously filling and full of plant-based protein. This could be lunch or dinner as well. No need to limit yourself to breakfast. You’ll be so glad you made these, go for it! Let me know what you think…message me or post your own photos on Instagram.
Vegan Egg Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- 1 cup JUST liquid eggs
- 2 tablespoon Daiya shredded cheese
- ½ Link Field Roast brand smoked apple sausage
- 1 Handful Greens of choice, i.e. arugula or spinach
- 1 Tortilla (gluten free) of choice
- ½ tablespoon Vegan butter like Earth Balance
- 2 tablespoon Vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon Wildbrine Sriracha Kimchi sauce
- Heat the earth balance on a skillet. Once it’s liquid, add Just eggs. Let it cook, don’t add salt or cheese. Just cook it until firm, not liquid.
- Add sausage and cook longer until sausages are warm. Turn off heat.
- On a microwave safe plate layer tortilla with cheese and mayo sauce (recipe below). Warm tortilla for about 30 seconds.
- Add greens of choice. Then add the eggs and sausage mixture. Quickly wrap the burrito up. Enjoy while hot. Top with sriracha or Cholula hot sauce if desired.
- In a small dish mix vegan mayo with Wildbrine Sriracha Kimcha above with a fork or spoon until well combined.
Leave a Reply