Battered tofu bites in the air fryer are a perfect high-protein snack that the whole family will enjoy.
This simple quick recipe is perfect if you have a block of tofu sitting around in the fridge and zero desire to make dinner. It’s so easy to make and can be an appetizer or a main dish.
Prep time is so quick - 5 minutes max - and bake time is only 10 minutes. Microwave some frozen rice or add some greens or steamed broccoli and voila, you have a healthy gourmet meal in minutes that the whole family will love.
I like the crunchy outside and how soft these are on the inside.
I love the marinade because it also functions as a dipping sauce. The ingredients in this dipping sauce are ones I encourage you to always have on hand. I use at least two of these ingredients almost every time I cook.
What you will need for battered tofu bites:
The dish is so easy to whip up. Just cube the tofu, add the marinade. You will want to coat the raw tofu in the liquid and then add the flour and toss again until mixture thickens.
The tofu will become sticky. Be sure all tofu cubes are coated. Then you will transfer to the air fryer.
My household loves tofu. I have a delicious oven baked version as well. Tofu is great in my both of my pad thai recipes.
Don't own an air fryer? You can bake these as well. Tip: try using cornstarch in place of flour, it will make the tofu extra crunchy.
After you make my Battered Tofu Bites In The Air Fryer recipe, let me know what you think, I would love to hear your thoughts.
Battered Tofu Bites
- 1 block Firm high protein tofu
- 2 tablespoon Gluten free flour
- 4 tablespoon Tamari
- 2 tablespoon Mirin
- 1 tablespoon Agave nectar
- Liquid ginger root one of my favorite staples
- 4 teaspoon Toasted sesame oil
- Cut firm tofu into cubes.
- In a small bowl combine all of the marinade ingredients. Whisk until well combined.
- Soak the tofu cubes in HALF of the marinade. Set aside the other half for dipping.
- Add the flour to the tofu mixture. Toss well. The tofu sauce should now feel thick. Make sure each tofu cube is coated well.
- Transfer to the air fryer. Heat at 390 degrees for 7 minutes. Toss them and fry again for 2 minutes.
- Garnish and serve with marinade dipping sauce.
Try my Battered Tofu Bites In The Air Fryer recipe and let me know what you think. If you make it, I would love to hear your thoughts.
I was able to find good information from your articles.