These cheese-filled caramelized sweet peppers are a perfect appetizer. They are very pretty; a perfect single-serving finger foods; and they are rich & delicious.
Serve them as a warm appetizer. Bring them to your next gathering or get-together. Or make them for lunch and devour them all yourself (shhhh that’s what I did).
Caramelized Sweet Peppers Recipe Variations
Like most of my recipes, you can get creative with these chilled filled mini sweet peppers.
But the basics are the same here: you’ll need the sweet peppers, olive oil, sea salt, and a delicious vegan cheese (regular feta works here as well if you’re not vegan). Here are my favorites: Follow Your Heart Feta, Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese, my homemade ricotta recipe, any of the Treeline cheeses, or Miyoko’s Creamy Chive flavor.
From there you can have fun with the filling. Feel free to use your favorite cheese.
- Spicy Kick - Try adding hot jalapeno peppers as well.
- Rich & Hearty - Ground Impossible style “meat” or my walnut meat recipe would be a really filling and exceptionally rich.
- Make A Meal Out Of It - If you added brown rice in with the cheese, you'd have more of a stuffed pepper type of dish. Try cauliflower rice for less starch.
I love this appetizer because cheese filled mini sweet peppers are
CARAMELIZED SWEET PEPPERS WITH CHEESE FILLING
- Baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F.
- Cut the mini peppers in half. Remove seeds. Line them up on a greased cookie tray. Use the olive oil to lightly coat the sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle each pepper with sea salt.
- Fill each mini pepper with half of the cheese.
- Bake peppers for 10 minutes. Remove peppers and sprinkles the rest of the cheese.
- Bake peppers for 8 more minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle peppers with chopped cilantro and parmesan cheese.