This grain-free Tabbouleh Salad is full of fresh herbs, crunchy almonds, loads of lemon, garlic, and olive oil. No gluten and no cooking. It’s very Mediterranean in style especially with the addition of fresh cherry tomatoes, red onion, and thinly sliced cucumber.
Finally, it’s 2021! I really wanted to be excited about this year as much as everybody else but the pandemic seems never-ending and I'm feeling a tad hopeless. I know I'm not alone. I think it’s time for a detox. Both personally (physically) and metaphorically speaking. We need to rid the world of toxic, oh so badly! And for some of us, that means turning off the TV, turning off social media, and just saying no to drama. Nobody should guilt you into watching or listening to anything, no matter what it is, if it’s too much for you, let it go. Turn it off!
So in honor of a detox, I’m sharing with you one of my favorite cleansing recipes from the archives. Side note: turn off your TV if you need to. Turn off your social media. Nobody should guilt you into watching or listening to anything, no matter what it is, if it’s too much for you, let it go. Turn it off!
Grain Free Tabbouleh Salad Variations
This recipe makes a wonderful lunch or healthy dinner. Add some uncooked tofu or other "protein" but you truly don’t need it. You will feel healthy and clean from the inside out after you eat this grain-free Tabbouleh.
If you want to keep the dish gluten-free but would rather have it nut-free, you can sub the almonds for quinoa.
- Raw Vegan
- Mediterranean Diet Friendly
- No cooking required
Grain Free Tabbouleh Salad
- 1 ½ cup almonds raw
- 1 ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup baby tomatoes halved
- 2 Tbls chopped shallots or red onion
- ½ cucumber thinly sliced or chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅛ cup lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- In a food processor pulse nuts about 4 times then turn on high speed and count to about 8.
- Add parsley/cilantro and sea salt. Pulse again 4 times and then count to 8 again.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Mix well with a spoon.
- Eat right away or store in fridge for 3 days.
Enjoy and try to turn off your TV as much as you’d like to.