This green smoothie recipe is citrusy, very simple and basic, and it's banana-free. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE banana smoothies, but I have talked to some friends lately who are tired of having bananas in the morning. So here you go, banana-free tropical green smoothie recipe by popular request.
I know it’s been a while since I have shared a recipe here on the blog. I’ve been busy selling houses and raising kids. But I’m back and feeling ready to share a few new things I have been enjoying lately. I didn’t work out at the gym during COVID lockdown so my smoothie intake was lower. But now that I’m back being active, I love my morning routines again. And loving my plant-based protein shakes, my green drinks, and my smoothies!
This banana-free tropical green smoothie recipe can also be found in my detox raw vegan ebook. It’s a very clean recipe and full of fiber. It’s hydrating and full of micronutrients necessary for glowing skin and a toned body.
Fun tip: This is how I cut my fresh ripe mangos. Feel free to buy a bunch of mangos, let them get sugary and ripe on the countertop, cut them up (as shown), and freeze them. Add to smoothies as you see fit. Also, kids LOVE frozen mango chunks as a healthy snack.
Health Benefits of the (Banana-Free) Tropical Green Smoothie
- Coconut Water - high in antioxidants and electrolyte minerals which keep you hydrated. Some people call it Nature's Gatorade.
- Cilantro - has been used traditionally for its anti-epileptic, anti-depressant, and anti-inflammatory effects. It's been shown as well to help raise energy levels and healthy hair and skin.
- Spinach - high in fiber, spinach also has vitamins and minerals like vitamin E and magnesium that support your immune system.
- Mango - shown to improvie digestion, help fight against cancer, promote good eye sight and healthy sleep. Plus they are a good source of fiber and antioxidants, including vitamin C, which means they support a healthy immune system and may fight chronic and inflammatory diseases.
- Citrus - super high in vitamin C, citrus fruits are low in calories and have been shown to reduce the risk of kidney stones. They have been shown to boost heart health and prevent cancer.
This green smoothie recipe contains so many healthy nutrient-rich ingredients, it's worth giving it a try. You can truly feel the difference in your health after drinking it even just one time.
Banana-free TROPICAL GREEN SMOOTHIE
- 1 handful Fresh cilantro
- 1 handful Fresh parsley
- 1 cup Fresh spinach leaves
- ½ inch Chunk of fresh ginger root
- 1 Orange peeled
- 1 tablespoon Coconut sugar
- ½ Lime peeled
- 2 cup Coconut water
- 1 cup Frozen mango or pineapple (or mix of both)
- ½ Fresh cucumber peeled
- ½ Grapefruit peeled
- After you peel the lemon and the orange, throw them into a high-speed blender.
- Using your hands just tear off a big handful of cilantro (don't worry about de-stemming) and throw that in as well.
- Fresh coconut water tastes great in this smoothie and adds electrolytes but if you don't have it on hand, use fresh spring water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Blend on high until completely smooth and creamy.
- Drink immediately