For years now, I have been dying to create a vegan frittata. I have no idea what has taken me so long? But wow, this vegan frittata recipe is a game-changer. I cannot wait for you guys to try it.
Why Vegan Frittata?
It’s so fluffy.
It’s high in vegan protein.
There are NO eggs.
It’s a low-oil and low-salt recipe.
Prep time is 10 minutes.
Bake time is 40 minutes.
What you will need for this recipe
A pre-seasoned cast iron pan or a pan that can go on the stove and in the oven.
2 Bottles Just Egg
Vegan cheese (I used a combination of this and this)
Veggie seasoning (I used this)
Olive oil or vegan butter
To keep it simple I added all the veggies, garlic, and onions at once with butter in the cast iron pan.
I cooked veggies until soft (do not over cook). I spiced everything up with some seasoning and sea salt then I added the egg product.
You don't need to cook the egg product on the stovetop at all. Just fold in the cheese and transfter the entire pan straight from the stovetop directly into the preheated oven. 40 minutes And voila! and it's done.
What's fun about this recipe is how versatile it is. Instead of mushrooms and broccoli, you can add red bell peppers and tofu. Or try cauliflower and asparagus. Garnish as you see fit - I threw some tomatoes and jalapenos in the air fryer with some olive oil and sea salt. But you can use chopped herbs or corn salsa, or beans.
The cheese is key in this recipe. Don’t use too much but don’t use too little either. It adds a wonderful texture and creaminess. But there are so many different dairy-free cheese options to choose from. I encourage you to explore different flavors.
Just Egg product has a variety of other uses as well. Have you tried my JUST VEGAN BREAKFAST BURRITO | KIMCHI MAYO DIPPING SAUCE yet? It's a great breakfast option if you don't have time to bake a frittata.
Scrambling Just Eggs product is simple and delicious as well. Most of my kids do as well. But the frittata is next level. It replicates egg so well. The fluff, the taste, the texture and even how it cooks. You don’t need to add any extra liquid like milk to it.
Vegan Frittata with Broccoli and Mushroom
- 2 Bottles Just Egg
- ¼ cup vegan cheese I used a combination of this and this
- ⅓ onion finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms
- ½ cup broccoli and/or asaparaus finely chopped
- 2 cloves raw garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- your favorite “chicken” or veggie seasoning I used this
- 2 tablespoon olive oil or vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- In a pre-seasoned cast iron pan add oil, garlic, and vegetables. Cook veggies over medium heat stirring occasionally. Add seasoning and sea salt. Keep stirring. Cook 5-6 minutes until veggies are soft and maybe a tad charred. But not overcooked.
- Spread veggies out evenly on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle cheese evenly on top of the veggies.
- Pour contents of the Just Egg containers into the pan. Do NOT STIR. Sprinkle a touch more sea salt if desired.
- Put the frittata into the oven. Bake 40 minutes until edges are brown and Just eggs are cooked all the way through.
- Garnish with your favorite herbs. I added air fried tomatoes and jalapenos.
Leave a Reply