These 3 ingredient savory crepes are soooo simple. Only 3 ingredients plus salt. That's it! They are flavorful, easy to make and they are super healthy [hooray]!
I orginally saw a similar recipe idea on Instagram that inspired me to create this recipe.
They are so versatile; you can top them with whatever you'd like. Try roasted or air fried veggies or enjoy them loaded with raw veggies like I did.
Some more of my wraps ideas:
Savory Crepe Ingredients
There are only 3 simple ingredients for this recipe - plus salt - most of which you probably have on hand most of the time.
- Fresh Basil
- Plain Oat Milk [or other vegan milk]
- Gluten-free flour of choice
- Sea Salt [optional]
See recipe card for quantities.
Crepe Cooking Instructions
Making these crepes are as simple as you'd imagine. Just blend all the ingredients up until creamy and thoroughly blended.
Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender.
Blend on high until creamy and well blended.
Spray or lightly oil the pan. Pour batter VERY THINLY onto hot frying pan.
Once cooked well on one side, flip and cook on the other side. Flip a few more times.
It's super simple, and this recipe makes only 2 crepes so if you need more, double there recipe.
There are some things you can do to make this recipe your own.
- Greens - instead of basil, you can use kale, romaine lettuce, spinach or a mix of all three.
- GF Flour - use gluten free flour or regular wheat flour. Both will work. Don't try and use almond flour or cashew flour as those don't do well for crepes.
- Milk - feel free to use wahtever milk you have on hand, as long as it's not sweet like vanilla. You can even use raw cashews and water in place of milk.
Have fun playing around with different greens, flours and milks.
There are some fun ways to "spice" these little crepes up. Either with heat or with sweeteners.
- Spicy - add some spice to these like red chili flakes before you blend up the batter.
- Herbs - try chives, cilantro or parsley in place of the basil.
- Kid friendly - add some sweetener and make these sweet. You can top them with strawberries and almond butter or even whipped cream or yogurt.
- Toppings - You can try all sorts of toppings. Beans work, garlic sauce, hummus, avocado, cheese, sour cream, raw vegetables or even roasted vegetables.
You will need a blender and a frying pan to make these crepes. I love the new Beast Blender, but you can use a Magic Bullet or a Vitamix and so on.
Eat these right away. They are the best when eaten warm.
Make sure the better is poured on SUPER THIN. NOt like a pancake but like a thin thin layer. Don't flip the crepe until it's bubbly and fully cooked on the first side, otherwise it will fold and be ruined.
Savory Basil Crepes
- Beast Blender
- Frying pan
- 1 cup firmly packed basil or greens of choice
- ½ cup vegan milk plain
- ½ cup flour gf or wheat
- ½ teaspoon sea salt optional
- Add all the ingredients together in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Heat a frying pan. Lightly coat it with oil or butter.
- Pour batter on the hot frying pan. BE SURE the batter is poured very very thin, like a crepe not a pancake.
- Cook batter until fully cooked on one side. Be sure its bubbly before you flip it. If you flip it too early it will fold and the crepe will be ruined. So be sure it's fully cooked before flipping.
Leave a Reply