Delicious, tangy, citrusy, and perfectly balanced, this 5-minute cold lentil salad is going to be one of your forever favorites.
I'm obsessed with this simple easy salad.
This recipe came to me one day, when I was hungry for something light, without grains. I wanted protein but fiber and clean eating.
I like to keep pre cooked beans and grains in my fridge. AT ALL TIMES. It makes last minute meals so much easier when you're in a pinch.
The ingredients are so simple. And are things you probably have on hand all the time.
- olive oil
- pre cooked lentils
- dried parsley
- sea salt
See recipe card for quantities.
5 Minute Cold Lentil Salad Instructions
You only need about 5 minutes to make this. It's a very low-mess recipe that doesn't require cooking.
Start with your steamed lentils. Using a peeler, julienne the raw zucchini. Add lemon and olive oil. Add the spices. And then chop up some red onion or shallots. Add that and sea salt. Mix well and enjoy!
I think what makes this cold lentil salad so addicting is the lemon.
Hint: Buy pre steamed lentils from Traders that are pre-packaged and ready to use.
Cold Lentil Salad Substitutions
If you know how to make the recipe fit a certain diet, let the reader know here. Don't fake it - only provide guidance on topics you have actual experience with.
- Shallots - instead of shallots use red onion or green onion
- Zucchini - replace zucchini with cucumber if you'd like
- Herbs - add fresh herbs instead of dried parsley
- Lentils - instead of lentils you can try garbanzo beans
Watch me make this entire recipe on Instagram! To see how easy it is to prepare.
This recipe is versatile, lots of fun options...
- More veggies - tomatoes, corn and cucumber would be a fun addition
- More filling - add avocado and cooked brown rice for a more filling meal
- Cheese - feel free to add feta cheese (vegan or not)
Store this salad in the fridge, in an air-tight container. Good for 3 days.
Cold Lentil Salad
- 2.5 cups steamed lentils
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ each zucchini peeled, julienned
- ¼ each red onion chopped
- 1 each lemon, small juice only
- After you chop the shallot or red onion and peel the zucchini, add everything into a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and olive oil. Then add the sea salt and spices. Mix well. Serve cold and immediately.