Imagine a deliciously creamy vegan Pad Thai sauce with ooey-gooey rice noodles ready in just 5 minutes? And it's healthy, it's dairy-free, gluten-free and kids love it, too. I got you mamas, covered this week.
It's finally Fall and wow it came fast. I love where the sun is at this time of year. The lighting feels so calming and cozy. The cooler weather has me craving warm noodle dishes. Does anybody else feel this way? And what better than dairy-free, gluten-free creamy 5 Minute Pad Thai with almond butter sauce?
Imagine a deliciously creamy vegan Thai sauce over squishy ooey-gooey rice noodles ready in just 5 minutes? Sounds good to me! And what could be more exciting than dinner in ready in just 5 minutes?
Uses For Thai Almond Butter Sauce
My creamy Thai almond butter sauce is so versatile; it can be used as a dip, a sauce, a marinade, you name it. In my opinion it goes best with rice noodles such as Pad Thai noodles or Vermicelli noodles. Fresh Tofu rolls, Chinese Chicken Salad and much more. Check out a similar recipe from years ago that I did with eggs a few years back.
5 Minute Pad Thai Ingredients
The ingredients in my creamy almond butter sauce recipe are ones I use quite often, so I rarely don't have them on hand. A healthy, plant-based pantry usually includes these basic ingredients. So you might want to stock up!
See the recipe card for quantities.
For my creamy Thai almond butter dipping sauce, you're going to simply blend all of the ingredients (except for the noodles) together in a high-speed blender until super creamy. Add a fourth cup of water if you think the sauce feels too thick. This video tutorial demonstrates just how easy this is to make.
This pad thai recipe is vegan, gluten-free, peanut-free, and can be made in just 5 minutes.
5 Minute Pad Thai Variations
If you want a thinner consistency use water or extra lime juice to thin this recipe out. For a thicker dipping sauce no need for extra liquid.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes or sriracha for added heat.
- Deluxe - make fresh tofu vegetables rolls and use this as a dip.
- Kid friendly - no need for adjustments here, KIDS LOVE this sauce.
5 Minute Pad Thai Equipment
5 MINUTE PAD THAI WITH CREAMY ALMOND BUTTER SAUCE
- Blender, Pot
- ⅓ cup tamari
- ⅓ cup sesame oil
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- ⅓ cup agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp grated or minced ginger you can use fresh ginger or store bought
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 package pad thai rice noodles
- Cook pad thai noodles according to package. Usually takes about 4 minutes of cooking in boiling water.
- While noodles cook, put the rest of the ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend on medium and then high until smooth and creamy.
- Once the noodles are strained and cooled a bit you'll add the creamy Thai almond butter sauce to the noodles.
- You can add any other ingredients to this dish, like sauteed vegetables, tofu or mock chicken, or duck.