The flavor of this ginger pomegranate margarita starts off almost like a natural fruit punch and then it shifts to a crisp, clean flavor and then ends with an earthy gingery heat. You almost feel like you're getting healthier while drinking this cocktail.
It's pomegranate season right now. And what better way to enjoy pomegranates than in a margarita?
This recipe was inspired by the feeling of Fall in the air on my morning walk. So many of my neighbors have pomegranate trees. This drink is made from store-bought pomegranate juice in a large glass jar. But have you ever had the REALLY really fresh stuff from the farmer's market? There is nothing that tastes more like nature's blood running through your body when you drink that. I know it sounds odd, but seriously, you feel a whole new level of health after 8 oz. It's actually kind of thick and deep purple. It has a very unique flavor.
I don't have any of it on hand, so the store-bought version had to do.
Ginger Pomegranate Margarita Ingredients
The ingredients in this pomegranate margarita are fresh and clean. Think skinny lime margarita but with ginger and some hints of earthy tones.
- Pomegranate juice
- Ginger juice
- Agave Nectar
- Rosemary for garnish
- Smoked sea salt
See recipe card for quantities.
Fresh juice doesn’t have to be green to be healthy. Did you know that pomegranate juice contains more than 100 phytochemicals? You'll be shocked as to how many antioxidants and nutrients it has. It's been shown to be anti-inflammatory, high in vitamins and minerals, and cancer protecting phytochemicals!
Ginger Pomegranate Margarita Instructions
I like my margaritas strong and full of flavor. So you might want to reduce the tequila amounts to suit your needs and desires.
You will want combine to all the ingredients in a metal cocktail shaker or whisk them together in a large measuring glass.
Next, spread smoked sea salt onto a plate. Using one of your limes, wet the rims of the margarita glasses. Dip the margarita glass into the salt. This will rim your glass in smoked sea salt.
From there add ice. Fill the entire glass with ice. Then slowly pour the Ginger Pomegranate Margarita mixture over the ice in each glass. Garnish with pomegranates and rosemary.
Hint: Burn the rosemary sprigs on a gas stove or with a lighter until it burns. Serve the margaritas with smoking rosemary. It gives the drink an even more Fall look and feel and the smell is to die for.
Ginger Pomegranate Margarita
- 1 cup Pomegranate juice
- 3 tablespoon Ginger juice
- 1 Lime Juice
- 3 tablespoon Agave nectar (depending on your taste buds)
- 2 tablespoon Cointreau
- ¾ cup Tequila (your favorite)
- 2 tablespoon Smoked sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Optional: rosemary sprigs and pomegranate seeds
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large glass measuring cup or metal cocktail shaker. Whisk rapidly or shake until well blended. Intro paragraph for you to give a quick overview of this recipe, and entice the reader to continue reading because your recipe is fan-freaking-fantastic.
- On a plate sprinkle sea salt. Wet the rims of your two cocktail glasses using lime and set the wet rim into the sea salt. This will salt the rims of your glasses.
- Add lots of ice to the salted rim glasses.
- Pour margarita mixture evenly into each glass over the ice.
- Garnish with smoking rosemary sprigs and pomegranate seeds (optional).
- Serve immediately.