Quick to make and fully customizable, this Banana Sushi is a breakfast you and your kids will both love!
When I first started getting healthy I struggled with one main thing: breakfast! What do I make? I can't always eat avocado toast, and I definitely don't have time to prep overnight oats every day. So what often happened was I'd just skip it and be starving by lunchtime. Breakfast definitely doesn't have to be eaten first thing in the morning, but it shouldn't be skipped.
I like quick meals that are healthy and easy to make. This banana sushi took me 3 minutes to prep, and it’s a nice combination of potassium, carbs, healthy fats, and plant-based protein. It will give you quick energy before a workout and it's a much better choice than skipping a meal. Add some water with lemon and you've got a great start to the day!
Banana Sushi Recipe Tip
This recipe makes breakfast to serve one, so feel free to make it in larger batches —my kids love to help!
Banana Sushi Recipe Variations
I love this recipe just as it is. But you can change it up in so many ways. Instead of almond butter, you can try sunflower butter or even peanut butter if you have picky kids. Put raisins on top or chocolate chips and or shredded coconut or raisins. If you really want to have fun with it and aren't worried about the sugar you can add colored sprinkles if it makes the kids want to eat it. Have fun.
The original recipe was found in my Raw Vegan 4 Day Cleanse Ebook. And it was also shared on the Honest Company blog.
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon raw or roasted almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar optional
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened buckwheat granola or granola of choice
- Peel banana and lie flat on a plate.
- Spread the almond butter carefully and slowly over the top of the banana.
- Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients over the almond butter.
- Slice and eat with chopsticks if you're feeling fancy! Otherwise use your fork or hands.
Leave a Reply