Sweet, savory, earthy, buttery, and ready in just 15 minutes. Maple Glazed Roasted Carrots make a great side dish or Thanksgiving veggie dish.
This Fall recipe is warm and comforting. Add mashed potatoes or a big green salad for a healthy dinner.
This was inspired by my favorite culinary holiday, Thanksgiving. I just love this time of year when the family gets together and shares their favorite food. My family makes the best vegetable dishes and this is one of my go-tos.
Maple Glazed Ingredients
The marinade is the key to this healthy delicious carrot dish. I love the addition of jalapeno as it adds a very subtle spice.
See recipe card for quantities.
Maple Glazed Roasted Carrots Instructions
This recipe takes such a short amount of time to prep and only 15 minutes in the oven.
Combine all glaze ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly.
Hint: If you cut the carrots in half lengthwise they cook faster and taste sweeter. Also, If you are going to make this for Thanksgiving, you might want to double the recipe.
If you know how to make the recipe fit a certain diet, let the reader know here. Don't fake it - only provide guidance on topics you have actual experience with.
- Butter - I love a blend of toasted sesame oil and olive oil. You can also use regular butter.
- Maple Syrup - honey works well in place of maple syrup.
- Everything Spice - this is a recipe I shared recently. It's my favorite seasoning blend that I use for almost everything. If you don't have it made, just sub onion powder.
MAPLE GLAZED ROASTED CARROTS
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees F.
- On a cutting board slice raw carrots in half lengthwise.
- In a small bowl heat the butter in the microwave until melted, about 30 seconds.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter with the rest of the ingredients. Whisk the mixture until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over carrots. Make sure all carrots are well coated. Tossing a few times.
- Roast the marinated carrots in the oven for 8 minutes. Using a metal spatula, flip the carrots and make sure the juices are covering the carrots. Cook for another 4-6 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot.