It’s officially the last few days of September and I’m so excited for the crisp air, falling leaves, and Halloween just around the corner. October is my daughter’s birthday month as well. There are so many exciting things to be grateful for and pumpkin spice season is one of them (wink). I never got into pumpkin spice until just recently, I know, I know, I might be the only person who is 42 and just now getting into the trend. Maybe it’s because I don’t like sweet things very much (I’m a savory girl) and I don't drink Starbucks lattes. But this Pumpkin Spice Granola recipe is perfect because it's not too sweet at all.
Speaking of sweet and pumpkin spice everything, of my favorite treats right now is pumpkin spice oat milk creamer. My coffees have been so delicious lately. I highly recommend trying it.
This granola is sweetened only with maple syrup and made with Nature’s Path organic gluten-Free old fashioned oats.
Pumpkin Spice Granola Uses And Variations
My pumpkin spice granola recipe is great enjoyed over yogurt, vanilla ice cream or with milk. But I love it plain, as a snack. Throw it in an air tight to-go container and enjoy it throughout the day.
Some other variations of this recipe:
- Dried Fruit - Feel free to add dried cranberries instead of raisins or pecans instead of walnuts.
- Nuts & Seeds - If you don’t have hemp seeds use sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.
- Sweetener - I love the maple in this recipe, but you can also try honey, cane sugar, coconut sugar or even agave nectar.
- Spices - Try using just cinnamon, vanilla, or cardamom.
Combination possibilities are endless.
Your Shopping List For Pumpkin Spice Granola Recipe:
Instructions for Pumpkin Spice Granola
This granola recipe is very simple. Add the dry ingredients first, including sea salt and spices. You will want to leave out the dried fruit, don't bake it, it will puff up an burn.
You will want to coat the dry ingredients with the maple syrup and coconut oil. Then simple cook the mixture on parchment paper until brown and crunchy. Add the dried fruit after everything has completely cooled.
Pumpkin Spice Granola Recipe (Gluten-Free)
- Cookie Sheet
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- optional: dried coconut and raisins after cooking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except raisins. Mix well.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the granola mixture evenly over baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, rotate the pan halfway, and bake for another 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Sprinkle with Raisins, if desired. Let cool for 30 minutes before serving