Soft, earthy, sweet, and seriously delicious, these vegan chocolate chip tahini cookies will knock your socks off. In addition to being tasty, they are very easy to make and free of eggs, dairy and gluten. Trust me, you'll want to eat the dough straight from the bowl.
I have been hearing about tahini in cookie dough but haven't tried it until now. I love how these cookies stick together, they don't fall apart even though there are no eggs or gluten. The olive oil makes them sort of savory. And the coconut sugar has a caramel sweetness without feeling overly sweet.
If you like chocolate, you will love these recipes as well:
5 Ingredient Chocolate Chips Ice Cream
Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookie Dough Ingredients
To make these cookies you will need the following ingredients.
- Almond flour
- Oat flour (gluten-free)
- Olive oil
- Maple syrup
- Coconut sugar
- Vanilla bean paste
- Baking powder
- Sea salt
- Chocolate chips
See recipe card for quantities.
Once you're finished mixing the cookie dough, you will roll balls and place on cookie sheet.
The dough will be very soft and easy to roll. Press the cookie dough balls down a bit. Bake the cookies until golden brown.
Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie Substitutions
These cookies fit most people's diets - even the really picky eaters.
- Almond Flour - if you can't have nuts, remove the almond flour from this recipe and just use gluten-free oat flour
- Chocolate Chips - try raisins or dried cranberries
- Oil Free - you can make these totally oil free by increasing the tahini and leaving out the olive oil all together.
The basic dough is so versatile.
- Cinnamon - add some cinnamon or cardamom for a holiday cookie
- Chocolate - these cookies can be double chocolate. Sub ¼ cup flour for cocoa powder
- Fruity - instead of chocolate chips add dried cranberries, peanuts or raisins
Vegan Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 cup Oat flour
- ¾ cup Tahini, room temp
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- ¾ cup Coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla bean paste
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 ½ cup Dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer or large bowl, whisk together the tahini, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the two flours, baking powder, coconut sugar, and salt evenly over the wet mixture. Add chocolate chips and then mix ingredients again until smooth and well combined.
- Using your hands or ice cream scooper roll dough into balls and set them on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy them warm. Store extras in an air-tight container.
Cookies are best enjoyed warm fresh out of the oven. Store any leftover cookies in an air-tight container.
Make sure the tahini is runny. If you keep your tahini in the refrigerator, you will want to let it sit out on the counter for an hour or so. You don't want the tahini to be hard and the oil to be separated.
You will want to use your hands to form the cookie dough.
Leave a Reply