Quick Pickling Recipe
Today I’m sharing my quick veggie pickling guide with you plus the exact recipe I followed.
- 1 pound fresh vegetables (I used carrots) cauliflower, radishes, jalapeño & onions sprigs fresh herbs, such as thyme, dill, or rosemary (optional)
- 2 teaspoons mixed whole spices such as black peppercorns, coriander, or mustard seeds
- 4 cloves garlic smashed or sliced
- 2 cups vinegar such as white apple cider, or rice
- 2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
Thinly slice the vegetables. The thinner the better if you ask me. Place the garlic, peppercorns, coriander and mustard seeds in each jar.
Heat the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir about 1 minut until the salt and sugar dissolve completely. Let cool and then you’ll want to pour mixture over vegetables. Set aside to cool to room temperature, then store the jars in the fridge.
Your pickled vegetables are ready to eat once they're soft and tender - about 1 hour for very thinly sliced vegetables, or overnight for larger vegetables.